Burning Beast 2017
Sun, Jul 16 at 4pm
Burning Beast, "the world's best feast in a field", returns to Smoke Farm on Sunday, July 16th. Burning Beast features the talents of more than a dozen of Seattle's finest chefs preparing sustainably raised meats and fish using humankind's most basic tool - fire. Superstar chef Tamara Murphy (Terra Plata) leads the pack and wrangles the chefs in what is sure to be another incredible and delectable feast!
Situated at Smoke Farm, a retired dairy in Snohomish County, proceeds from Burning Beast benefit the educational, environmental and cultural projects at Smoke Farm.
Grounds open to ticketed guests at 2pm. Food comes off the grills around 5pm. Atmosphere - outdoor casual. THINK GREEN: carpool, and provide your own reusable plates, cups and cutlery. Smoke Farm is more than 360 acres of forest and glade situated along the Stillaguamish River. Bring picnic blankets, comfy footwear, and healthy appetites. Burning Beast is an off-the-grid event: no credit card machines or ATMs (so bring some cash). No dogs please. Event takes place rain or shine.
Children are welcome, but each must be accompanied by an adult and supervised at all times. Under 10 get in free!
Chef List for Burning Beast 2017:
- Lisa Amundsen / Lecosho / Boar
- Lindsay Herschlip / LJ’S Bistro and Bar / Salmon
- Sara Wong / Fire & Rice / Bits
- Tana Mielke / Pomegranate Bistro / Sheep
- Tamara Murphy / Terra Plata / Goat
- Chester Gerl / Gracia / Turkey Tails
- Dylan Giordan / Piatti / Herring
- Daniell Stramm / Noble Barton / Lamb
- Syd Suntha / Bread and Circuses / Pig
- Jack Timmons / Jack's BBQ / Brisket
- Brendan McGill / Hitchcock / Earth
- Matt Broussard / Palace Kitchen / Octopus
- Matt Lewis / Roux / Chicken
- Tom Stocks / Taylor Shellfish / Oysters
- Adam Hoffman / Adam's Northwest Bistro and Brewery / Ram
- Jesse Smith and Charlie Pasquier / Goat Mountain / Duck
- Charlotte Glaves / The Book Store Bar and Cafe / Beef Tongue
- Jody Hall / Cupcake Royale / Sweet
Burning Beast is a private benefit event for Smoke Farm; a project of the Rubicon Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Smoke Farm is a primitive site with limited access to shelter or running water. Uneven ground, sharp objects, open flame, noxious plants and other hazards are present. Your ticket purchase constitutes an agreement to accept responsibility for all liability and to abide by our rules while at Smoke Farm.