Sat, Sep 12 from 1pm - 2:30pm
As recently as 10 or 15 years ago, the idea of Polyamory was still unfamiliar to a lot of people. Today, thanks to TV shows, movies and podcasts, practically everyone knows what Polyamory is now — or do they? In this interactive class, Gloria Jackson-Nefertiti will cover everything you always wanted to know about Polyamory (but were afraid to ask), through personal examples from her own life, as well as lives of her partners and friends. She'll define terminology and acronyms. (What the heck is a "throuple," anyway? And what does NRE stand for?) She'll work with you to clear up misconceptions about Polyamory. ("Do all of you have to live together?" "Where does everyone sleep?" "Where do you find other Poly folks?") She'll provide you with helpful resources (lists of books, events, articles, podcasts). Most importantly, there will be plenty of opportunities for questions. ("What's the difference between Polyamory and Open Relationships?" "How do you find partners?" "Your boyfriend is married? Does his wife know about you?")
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at TIME on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Scholarships available to those in need.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Educator:
Gloria Jackson-Nefertiti is a poet, public speaker, panelist, singer, photographer, performance artist, and long-time artist's model, as well as a former fundamentalist Christian and former cult member. She is also a breast cancer survivor. In fact, it was the cancer diagnosis in 2013 that caused her to realize how short life is; this served as the catalyst that caused her to come out, LOUD AND PROUD, as sex-positive, bisexual and polyamorous. She has practiced polyamory/non-monogamy since the late 1980s. She has spoken on bisexuality and polyamory in panels at high schools/colleges, and has sat in on polyamory/non-monogamy panels and panels of sexperts at the Center for Sex Positive Culture in Seattle. You can learn more about Gloria from the following article: "Life with Two Boyfriends: Inside a Polyamorous Relationship", and you can find Gloria on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
This event is presented by the Pan Eros Foundation. Please go to Pan-Eros.org for more information.