Consent for Kids
Thu, Oct 7 from 7pm - 8pm (Pacific)
Kids need consent. They need to know when it’s okay to say no and how to ask for a yes. This workshop is for youth who want to talk about what consent means to them. Join us for a workshop to talk about consent, why it's important, and how you can do it..
This workshop is open to youth under the age of 18.
Youth 12 and under need parental permission or to be accompanied on-line by their caregiver.
Parents and caregivers are welcome to attend with their kids, but are expected to leave space for the youth to talk and ask questions.
- This class is being offered twice, once during the week and once on the weekend to accommodate different schedules. The content will be the same both times, though the discussion and questions are likely to vary.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before 2:00pm on the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- The class will be taught at an age-appropriate level (centering around the 10-14 age group) using age-appropriate examples.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- No Prerequisites Required
- Class size is limited to 40 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy