Bystander Training and De-Escalation Training
Sat, Feb 5, 2022 from 10:30am - 5pm (Pacific)
*Please note: Proof of vaccination for COVID-19 or a negative PCR test from the last 48 hours is required for entry to Gallery Erato. Everyone is required to wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.*
Of all the skills we need to support people and maintain safety, no two are more important than Bystander Intervention and De-Escalation. Individually they will help you step into difficult situations, defuse problematic situations, and keep problems from becoming a crisis. Together they can save lives.
The intensive is skills and scenario based. We will be working together to not only learn the skills, but practice them in real time. There will be lots of hands-on practice, scenario exploration, and examples.
There is no way to learn and practice these skills without putting yourself in intense and emotional situations. We aim to do that as safely and carefully as possible. And, you need to come prepared to step into (simulated) situations that will challenge you mentally and emotionally. (There will be no physical contact required.)
This is a long and emotional day. There will be frequent rest breaks and a longer break for lunch. Please feel free to bring your lunch or plan on running out for take-out.
- This is an In-Person Class. You must register in advance. No Walk-Ins.
- If we don’t have a minimum of 5 people signed up by 1/1/22 the intensive will be cancelled to allow people who are traveling for the event to have enough time to get tickets.
- We have all been isolated during the pandemic. This intensive will require close proximity with the presenters and other participants. Everyone who attends must be vaccinated. Masking procedures will be dependent on current conditions at the time of the intensive and will be communicated via email prior to the class.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites. A minimum of Consent Basics highly suggested.
- PDF Class workbooks and information sheets will be sent the day before the class. If you need one printed, please let us know.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers in many locations world wide. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.