Consent Discussion Group for GQ/Trans/Non-Binary Folx
Sun, Feb 27 from 11am - 1pm (Pacific)
Consent is challenging. Dealing with others and their lack of consensual behavior, even more so. And it gets even more complicated when your gender identity is marginalized. Sometimes you need a place to talk about it.
This discussion group meets biannually and is open to all who identify as genderqueer, trans, or non-binary. The facilitator will guide an open discussion on both general and personal issues around consent, as it applies to your daily life and/or gender and sexuality.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Any class workbooks will be sent via email 2-3 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- All races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and relationship orientations are welcome and celebrated.
- No restrictions or prerequisites.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.