Consent Beyond the Basics: Consent and Disability
Sat, Feb 19, 2022 from 11am - 1pm (Pacific)
Do you or someone you know have a disability? Ever find yourself uncertain about what to say or how to act? Those with a disability are way more likely to have their consent pushed or violated.
Join us for an interactive discussion of why and what to do about it.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must register in advance. Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites
- Links and class workbooks will be sent via email 2-3 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.