Family and Holidays (Bodies and Boundaries in the Age of Covid)
Sat, Dec 18 at 10:30am - Sun, Dec 19 at 12pm (Pacific)
As the US and much of Europe emerge from Covid lockdowns and restrictions and the holiday season nears, a new pandemic stress is emerging - the ways Covid and Covid restrictions have impacted our bodies. Whether you became ill with Covid itself, delayed health care due to Covid, or gained weight due to sheltering-in place, losing access to physical activity, or stress eating, it’s been a hard time.
Join us for a conversation and skill share where we discuss the stresses around our changed bodies, how to prepare for unwelcome comments and conversations, and skills for how to deal with things in the moment. We’ll also discuss skills for setting boundaries around social distancing, masks, and other Covid precautions.
This will be a conversational workshop, where we can share ideas about what to do, validate our stresses, and share strategies. Together we can figure out how to set boundaries, encourage self-respect, and build new skills.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must register in advance. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.