Fri, Feb 17 from 7:30pm - 9:15pm
- ADA Accessible
Seattle Immersive Theatre teams up with System D Artists to present Storyville Rising, a fully-immersive theater/cabaret experience which recreates Storyville, the infamous “red-light” district in New Orleans, from 1897-1917. Storyville Rising is an exploration of sex, race, power, and privilege in Reconstruction-era America, told through theater, historical narrative, live music, transgressive burlesque and cabaret. Original text, as well as transcripts and interviews, tell the story of the habitués of Storyville and the forces of “polite society” that sought to shut it down.
Things to consider:
- This event is 21+ and all ticket holders will be required to provide a valid form of identification; we accept current, state-issued driver’s license/ID or government issued ID.
- This event is ADA accessible.
- Due to the nature of this performance, audience members who arrive late for their show time will not be admitted. If space allows on double show nights, they will be moved to a later performance. We expect shows to sell out and we may not be able to accommodate late arrivals for another show on the day they purchased tickets; if the remainder of the show tickets on their ticketed day are sold out, we will have to reschedule them for another day.
- In order to preserve the intimacy of this performance, we are limiting audience size to 40 people per show. If tickets appear to be sold out or unavailable through StrangerTickets.com, we are unable to accomodate any additional people for that time slot.
- The lounge is open 30 minutes before every performance so you can enjoy our themed libations, so arrive early.
- Please plan accordingly for traffic and parking in Lower Queen Anne. Parking is available in pay lots and on the street near the theatre. We are located just 2 blocks north of Seattle Center and the Monorail.