Between the Covers
Thu, Jul 16, 2020 from 7pm - 8:30pm
Join co-moderators Sophia and Erin in our Online Book Discussion Group as we explore a range of monthly topics. Unlike most Book Groups, we will not all be reading the same title for discussion, in fact, we encourage you to bring what resource you find topically worthy of sharing. Resources include, and are not limited to, book titles, articles, podcasts, films/documentaries. Be prepared to briefly introduce your title/resource as we embark on discussion and engage in community.
Time: 3rd Thursday from 7-8:30 pm, monthly
July Topic: Exploring BDSM
Sophia: Playing Well With Others:Your Field Guide to Discovering, Navigating and Exploring the Kink, Leather and BDSM Communities by Lee Harrington and Mollena Williams
Erin: BDSM 101 by Rev. Jen
About the Facilitators:
Sophia Sky identifies as a Shenaniganarian and uses she/her pronouns. She is the Executive Director of the Pan Eros Foundation and is working to change the world’s ideas about sexuality by speaking at universities, conventions, and private groups around North America. Sophia believes that being sex positive means respecting the spectrum of sexual expression from asexual to omnisexual. She is a lover of art, cute socks, learning & floating on bodies of water.
Erin Payton Baker, she/her pronouns, holds an MLIS degree from the University of Washington and is a Washington State Certified Librarian. With a background in Community Outreach Programming, Erin has facilitated Adult Book Groups and Adult Education Tutoring in the area public library sector and is currently working on the recirculation of Pan Eros Library as the Foundation’s Head Librarian. As an avid reader and enthusiastic learner she is making her way through the Collection.
- This is an online event via Zoom. You must register in advance. Registration ends at 5pm on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this event. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations, religions are welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org