Blurred Lines: The Grey Areas of Consent
Sun, Oct 25 from 12pm - 2pm (Pacific)
Consent is complicated. Slogans like “No means No” and “Yes means Yes” aim to simplify an incredibly complex, emotional process of discovery, communication, and negotiation. In practice, we don’t always give a clear “yes” or “no”, especially when power dynamics are involved, and consent violations aren’t always easily recognizable or immediately understood. Join the Consent Academy to dissect some examples of the grey areas of consent, using our foundational pillars as a lens. We’ll also provide some tips on how to navigate when things get blurry.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at TIME on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
About the Educator:
The Consent Academy is a group of dedicated educators and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We have come together to promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations that want to do better. We talk a lot about consent and consensual activity. It’s the cornerstone of what we teach and who we are. And while that is easy to say, we know that living a dedication to consent takes work, awareness, and a willingness to engage.
This event is presented by the Consent Academy. Please go to www.consent.academy for more information.