Sun, Feb 7 from 11am - 2pm (Pacific)
We say a lot with our bodies, from the way we look at one another, to the way we move, to the smallest of muscle contractions. Our non-verbal cues are a language all their own, one which can be very hard to read and interpret. When it comes to consent, being able to read that non-verbal language is both crucial and requires a lot of practice. Ever wonder if the other person is saying “yes” with their eyes? Ever feel confused if it’s ok to move forward without asking verbally? Join us for a look at what the body is saying and what it means for consent.
3 Hours with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please be sure to forward these emails to all of your group members.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+ (We will be discussing issues of a sexual nature.)
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 30 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy