Consent & Anti-Racism - Part 2
Sun, Sep 12 from 1pm - 3pm (Pacific)
How do we put our antiracist knowledge and values into action? How do we build the culture that we need to dismantle systemic racism and decenter whiteness? Here we will learn how to use Consent concepts and tools to help us engage in an antiracist praxis that can be transformative, sustainable, and healing.
Join the Consent Academy for a look at this crucial topic and be a part of the conversation. This class is geared towards white folx who want to take further action to dismantle anti-black racism and white supremacist culture. BIPOC folx are welcome to join.
2 Hours with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please forward those emails to everyone in your group..
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+ (We will be discussing issues of a sexual nature.)
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 30 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy