The Pleasure Practice
Waking Up the Senses
Wed, Feb 24 at 7pm
This Month's Practice: Waking Up the Senses
Pleasure is well within our reach. With a sensate focus, we practice attuning to the pleasure receptors in each of our earthly senses. Mindfully staying in our present moment experience, we explore the spectrum of sensation with a series of somatic exercises and guided meditations punctuated by songs. Please bring a simple snack, like a piece of fruit or chocolate, and one small object that brings you pleasure.
- This workshop is free for BIPOC. Email Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Free for POC” in the subject line to reserve your spot.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at 5:00pm on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Scholarships available to those in need.
- Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
Simple and profound. Each workshop offers a specific invitation to engage with pleasure and can be taken as a stand alone workshop while the series intends to build community. Each practice allows a few minutes for arriving before setting group agreements and intentions, followed by an embodiment invitation, leading into an hour of our special activity, and concluding with 20-30 minutes of savoring, sharing and mingling.
We honor Pleasure as resistance to apathy. Where trauma restricts, Pleasure opens. Attuning to the self healing power of pleasure as our birthright. A space to revitalize, listen to and attend to our own needs and desires; a place of self discovery. Pleasure as the source of sacred sweetness, we embrace the nectar of our own unfolding.
Our Pleasure is our own. Pleasure is an experience we cultivate from within.
We practice in community to strengthen our sense of belonging, offer witness to each other and experience our interconnectedness in a brave, vulnerable and receptive space. We intend to create community that supports the unlearning of shame, dismantling of heteronorms and affirms queerness. We welcome all gender expressions.
About the Facilitator:
Greta Jane is a Certified Somatic Intimacy Educator, creative intuitive and expressive artist based in Seattle. Her work is guided by the voice of divine pleasure that lives in us all. She offers private sessions and workshops that incorporate sound, meditation, breath work, movement and touch to nurture self-expression and a deep sense of belonging.
This event is presented by the Pan Eros Foundation. Please go to Pan-Eros.org for more information.