How Do I Know If I'm Ready to Consent?
Thu, Sep 23 from 7pm - 9pm (Pacific)
Consent is more than saying "yes" or "no" to something. We first need to know if we want it; if we're ready to even consider moving forward. For some, this is easy. For others of us, it's not, and it gets more complicated all the time. This is true around issues of sex, sexuality, and relationships. And it's just as true around issues of work, parenting, friendships, and many other parts of life.
Join our consent experts as we discuss ways to explore the internal questions around consent. We'll look at how you can know when you're ready to move forward, ways you can clarify when you're not, and what to do if you can't make up your mind. We'll explore how to engage better communication and strategies for telling people when you're not ready. And we'll look at the tricky parts of moving from being unsure to either stating your boundaries or giving affirmative consent.
This class is for everyone, but especially those who have ever wondered if they're ready to move forward with something.
- Please bring your own situations and questions to share. We will be discussing issues of a sexual nature.
- This is an online Workshop. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Open to all 18+. All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 40 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy