C&L 1: Building a Framework
Jan. 29th, 10:00am-12:30pm (US Pacific)/6:00-8:30pm (London)
Are you a leader? Chances are good you are in some respect. Do you want the work and responsibility that come with being a leader? Chances are good you’re already doing it. Consent is a complex topic; there’s a lot to learn. There is even more when you’re someone who holds power or authority. With so many moving parts, managing consent from the leadership context takes practice, special knowledge, and a deeper understanding.
This workshop provides an overview of what dealing with consent is like. It begins the Consent & Leadership Series by covering consent in more detail, going over definitions & concepts you will need for future classes, and looking at the pieces that make both practicing and managing consent as a leader more complicated.
- Video classes with Workbooks for you to watch and follow on your own to learn about and familiarize yourself with the required concepts. The videos are included in the series price. You will receive links for them.
- There will be an on-line quiz to confirm you did watch and absorb the information from the videos. This should be taken prior to the group workshops.
- Interactive Skills Workshop (via Zoom) for you to come together with other participants to learn and practice the skills discussed in the videos. You need to watch the associated videos prior to the workshop.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the Whole Series ( https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- Class times are listed in US Pacific time zone. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites
- Zoom Links for the workshop will be sent via email the day before the start of the class.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.