Consent Discussion Group for BIPOC
Sun, Oct 2 at 11am
This discussion group meets biannually and is open to all who identify as BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, or a Person of Color). Together, we'll explore how our understanding of consent is impacted by our experience of race, racism, and colonialism.
The facilitator will guide an open discussion, centering your questions and discussion topics. Group agreements include respect, self-care and confidentiality.
- This is an online group via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Group time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the group will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.