Consent and Gaming: Sex on the Table
Fri, May 13 from 11am - 1pm (Pacific)
Table Top Role Playing Games create the opportunity for interesting and provocative situations. Whether it’s rescuing the prince (or princess) from the clutches of an evil cult (government, stepfather, dragon, etc.), spending a lonely night in a tavern (cave, castle, pocket dimension, etc.), or any of a thousand scenarios there is the opportunity for sex to enter into your game. When the opportunity happens, what do you do? How do you manage it in a consensual way? What do you do if the players consent, but the characters don’t? What about coercion, magical or otherwise? There aren’t easy answers to these questions, but there are guidelines you can use to navigate them. Join us for an entertaining discussion of the issues and the skills to work through them. (Dice rolling optional.)
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.