Consent and Leadership 4: Writing Codes of Conduct
Wed, Jul 27, 2022 from 9:30am - 11:30am (Pacific)
A code of conduct is essential to fostering a consensual space. Codes of conduct act as informed consent, letting people know what kind of behavior is desired and what is not tolerated. If they don’t agree to it, they don’t enter the space, and if they act against the code of conduct, they face consequences, including potentially not being welcome in the space anymore.
This workshop will give participants an understanding of the best practices for writing a code of conduct, as well as strategies for getting people to know it exists and to follow it. By the end of class, you'll have the beginnings of a draft, which you can send to Consent Academy to review.
- This class is a part of the Consent and Leadership Series. You can check out the full series here: https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/125199269/consent-and-leadership-series
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sponsored tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.