Consent and Leadership 2: Owning Your Power
Sat, Oct 8, 2022 from 10am - 12pm (Pacific)
“With great power comes great responsibility.”
Becoming a leader often means discovering you have power you never asked for or even wanted. At the same time, people will also expect you to have a lot more power in some areas than you actually do. What do you do with all these responsibilities?
This workshop will dive deep into power, where it comes from, how to recognize the power you have as a leader, and how to use it responsibly, ethically, and to create positive change.
- This class is a part of the Consent and Leadership Series. You can check out the full series here: https://www.strangertickets.com/events/125967418/consent-and-leadership-series
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sponsored tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Each workshop will be recorded for later viewing. The slides will also be made available.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: email@example.com
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.