Consent and Leadership 6: Harm Creates Responsibility: A Guide to Consent Incidents
Sat, Nov 19, 2022 from 10am - 12pm (Pacific)
When harm occurs, the last thing you want to do is cause more harm.
This workshop gives insight and skills for responding to a consent incident without causing additional harm; focusing on how to get information in a compassionate, trauma-informed way. We’ll cover the basics of interviewing and evaluating an incident. If you're in a position where you might find yourself responsible for supporting people and deciding what to do in the immediate aftermath of a consent incident, this class is for you.
- This class is a part of the Consent and Leadership Series. You can check out the full series here: https://www.strangertickets.com/events/125967418/consent-and-leadership-series
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sponsored tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Each workshop will be recorded for later viewing. The slides will also be made available.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.