Consent Advocate Workshop Part 1
Sat, Sep 9 from 10am - 1pm (Pacific)
Consent advocates help create more consensual spaces by educating and providing support when something goes wrong with consent. It's a specialized role most people can learn to do with the proper training, support, and practice.
In this first part of the training, we cover:
- The expectations & basics of the consent advocate role
- Communication and active listening skills
- Working with trauma and people caught in acute trauma reactions
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- This workshop will be recorded.The slides will also be made available.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- There are also a small number of discounted tickets available. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.