Foundations of Consensual Kink
Thu, Jun 1 from 4:30pm - 6:30pm (Pacific)
'Kink' describes a lot of activities - most of them sexual, but not all. Whatever kinky play you're into, a practice of consent will lower your risk of harm and increase your chance of pleasure (or pain, if that's what you want). Foundations of Consensual Kink will cover the basics of consent for kink, exploring what you need to know about kinky spaces, giving guidance on how to negotiate, and introducing steps on how to be accountable if things go wrong.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- This workshop will NOT be recorded. The slides will be made available.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- There are also a small number of discounted tickets available. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: email@example.com
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.