Helping Kids Navigate Sexuality Online
Presented by Claire Appelmans
Tue, Mar 28 from 7:30pm - 9pm (Pacific)
It's an unfortunate reality that kids can be exposed to sexual content online before they are developmentally ready and able to consent. This class is designed to prepare parents and caregivers to start conversations about sexuality online with their kids of all ages. Topics include pornography, sexting, misinformation about sexuality online, and where kids can go online to learn about sexuality in ways that match their developmental stage. Join other parents to prepare for these inevitable conversations about safety and sexuality on the internet.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- This workshop will not be recorded.The slides will be made available.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- There are also a small number of discounted tickets available. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: email@example.com
About the Presenter:
Claire Appelmans is a sexuality educator who supports families in having sexuality conversations together. Claire's guiding principles are that sexuality education is inextricably tied to the living earth, sex education begins at birth, and that caring adults make a positive impact when they actively prepare to talk with their kids about sexuality. Claire works both in-person and online to provide parent classes and private consultation sessions to parents. She completed her certificate in Sexuality Education at the Antioch University of Seattle in 2022. Outside of sexuality education spaces, Claire finds joy and meaning in dancing Brazilian Zouk and learning to sing.
If you are interested in scheduling a group class or private consultation session please contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or with a direct message to @claireappelmans on Instagram.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.