C&L 5: Working with Harm & Trauma
Sat, Mar 26 from 10am - 12:30pm (Pacific)
Trauma: the experience of psychological or emotional injury. It’s something we’ve all heard of. Many of you have already experienced it yourself. As a leader working with consent you will certainly encounter it in others. You need to understand the types of trauma you’ll find and how to work from a trauma-informed perspective. It’s essential for managing a consent incident.
This workshop provides a deeper look into what trauma is and how it impacts the body, mind, emotions, and self. We’ll talk about why you need to have a trauma-informed perspective, especially around consent and consent incidents, and manifestations of acute, compounded, and secondary traumas. If you’re a leader working with or around consent, this training is essential.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the whole series ( https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Any class workbooks will be sent via email 2-3 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and relationship orientations are welcome and celebrated.
- No restrictions or prerequisites.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.
For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.