Intro to Active Flexibility for Rope
Sat, Jun 6 from 4pm - 6pm
In this class, we'll get bendy! Instead of just doing traditional passive stretches, however, we'll also train our active flexibility (the range of motion you're capable of through muscle engagement). Active stretching helps to gain strength through a wider range of motion, protecting our joints and increasing comfort and safety in more challenging suspensions. Back bends, twists, hip openers, and splits are all on the menu.
Participants will need a yoga mat, two yoga blocks or similar (stacks of books work well), a yoga strap, rope or belt, and comfortable clothes to move around in.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at TIME on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Scholarships available to those in need.
- Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
About the Educator:
Pole Cat, pronouns she/her, is a switchy, pain slut rope enthusiast. Nothing makes her happier than transforming her suffering and vulnerability into something beautiful and erotic for her partner. She has been bottoming for rope for over four years, and loves the unique challenges, connection, and psychological play that come with being tied. Her athletic background in martial arts and as a pole dance and flexibility instructor, as well as her experience as a massage therapist have led her to be a huge proponent of bottoming skills and education.
Pole Cat has performed at places such as SEAF, Twisted Windows, and Folsom Street Fair, and teaches rope with Reighemonde in Seattle.
This event is presented by the Pan Eros Foundation. Please go to Pan-Eros.org for more information.