Trauma Responses: Beyond Fight, Flight, and Freeze
Thu, Jul 23 from 7pm - 9pm
In these change-making times, it is more crucial than ever that we recognize the way stress and trauma show up in our bodies and behaviors. Taking the time to acknowledge and tend to our body’s natural defense mechanisms can help prevent lasting harm to ourselves and others, protecting our overall capacity, which is a foundational pillar of consent. Join the Consent Academy for an accessible look at our sympathetic nervous system, simple ways to identify a wide variety of trauma responses (much more than fight, flight, and freeze), as well as tips on how to navigate back to an empowered baseline.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at noon on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Scholarships available to those in need.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 50 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.
Presented by the Consent Academy. For more information, visit www.consent.academy