Consent for Systemic Change
Sun, Oct 11 at 12pm
How do we bring about transformational change in the face of a global pandemic, looming ecosystem collapse, and a nation-state that seems to be concerned solely with expanding its imperial power and control? We at the Consent Academy don't have all the answers, but we do believe in the power of consent culture to create change, even in the face of many unjust, hierarchical systems. Join us for a breakdown of the non-consensual nature of the systems we interact with everyday, and leave with tools for making consent a foundation for alternative, sustainable futures.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at TIME on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is a group of dedicated educators and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We have come together to promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations that want to do better. We talk a lot about consent and consensual activity. It’s the cornerstone of what we teach and who we are. And while that is easy to say, we know that living a dedication to consent takes work, awareness, and a willingness to engage.
This event is presented by the Consent Academy. Please go to www.consent.academy for more information.