Consent for Systemic Change
Sun, Jun 13 from 1pm - 4pm (Pacific)
How do we bring about transformational change in systems like government, education, criminal justice, or culture where we often have limited voice and little control? We don't have all the answers, but we do believe in the power of consent culture to create change, even in the face of unjust, hierarchical systems. Join us for a breakdown of the non-consensual nature of the systems we interact with everyday, and leave with tools for making consent a foundation for alternative, sustainable futures.
3 Hours with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please forward those emails to everyone in your group.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 30 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (email@example.com) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy