Consent in the Workplace
Sun, Apr 18 from 11:30am - 2pm (Pacific)
While we often think of consent as something that happens outside of work, we still need cultures of mutual respect, honest communication and willing accountability. A workplace founded on a culture of consent can be more efficient and productive, better led, and safer for all. This approach supports employees to feel more confident, eases stress, and allows employees to focus on their work. Ultimately, it’s about creating safer environments with higher employee retention, fewer HR complaints, more productivity, and happier employees. During this workshop we will explore how to interact with coworkers in a more consensual way, how to manage employees from a consent lens, and how to start creating cultures free from harassment. We will introduce simple consent-based skills to improve your team, organization, or company.
This event is perfect for company leaders, HR representatives, supervisors, or anyone interested in cultivating a culture of consent at work.
2 Hours with a ½ Hour Q&A to follow. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please forward those emails to everyone in your group.
- This class is being offered twice, once during the week and once on the weekend to accommodate different schedules. The content will be the same both times, though the discussion and questions are likely to vary.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+ (We will be discussing issues of sex, sexuality, and sexual harrassment.)
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required
- Class size is limited to 40 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy