Consent Risk Assessment
Sat, Oct 9 from 2pm - 4:30pm (Pacific)
Consent is complicated. There are many different aspects to it. And it can be hard to know how to protect yourself from both committing a consent violation or from having one committed against you. We're going to look at different aspects of consent, explore related risk factors, and talk about how to manage them. While there is no way to reduce risk to 0 when interacting with another human being, there are many ways to both understand and reduce the consent risks we face. Together we'll work on what risks you might be facing and how to lower that risk.
Please bring your own situations and questions to share. This workshop is for both people concerned about ways to reduce their risk of consent violation and about the risk of upholding the consent of others.
3 Hours with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you are purchasing for a group, please make sure you forward these emails to everyone in your group.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+ (We will be discussing issues of a sexual nature.)
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 30 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy