Consent for Teachers
Thu, Aug 5 from 7pm - 9pm (Pacific)
States like Washington are starting to mandate age appropriate sex education for youth. That includes consent; how to give it and how to get it. We applaud this move and hope other states follow suite. But how do you teach consent in an age appropriate way? What are the issues and questions you're likely to run into? How do you make sense of this complicated topic in a way your students can understand?
Join us for this two hour workshop to delve into some of those answers and more. We'll talk about consent theory and how you can share that with youth in an age appropriate way. We'll look at examples you can use. And we'll examine ways you can insert consent into other curriculum if you're school, district, or organization hasn't gotten to mandated consent education.
This workshop is open to anyone interested in how to better teach Consent to youth.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before 5:00pm on the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- No Prerequisites Required
- Class size is limited to 40 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy