Consent For Parents
Thu, Nov 4 from 6:30pm - 8pm (Pacific)
Consent is an essential way for us to understand how to hold boundaries, keep ourselves safe, and tell other people no. It's a big part of how we define ourselves and our autonomy. This is hard enough for adults when many of us never learned how to do those things as kids. It's even harder for our kids when we don't know how to talk about it.
Join us for this 90 minute workshop as we delve into how you can share consent with your kids in an age appropriate way. We'll look at examples you can use and give you tools for practicing consent at home. The workshop will cover talking about sexual consent with older youth, but we're also going to cover how to build consent as a foundation with kids starting as infants and working you way up through their leaving the nest.
This workshop is open to anyone interested in how to better share Consent with youth.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before noon on the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- No Prerequisites Required
- Class size is limited to 40 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy