C&L 2: Dealing with Power
Sat, Feb 12, 2022 from 10am - 12:30pm (Pacific)
Power is the ability to create change in our situation or experience. Of all the things that impact our ability to give and receive consent, power has more influence than any other single issue. It’s important to understand the privilege and the risk that power brings. It’s vital to understand the impacts power has and ways to deal with it.
This workshop provides a deep look into power dynamics and the impact of power differentials. Through exercises and discussion we’ll look at where power comes from, some ways to mitigate the impact, and how power, used well, can create positive change.
- Video class with Workbooks for you to watch and follow on your own to learn about and familiarize yourself with the required concepts. The videos are included in the ticket price. You will receive links for them by email.
- There will be an on-line quiz to confirm you did watch and absorb the information from the videos. This should be taken prior to the group workshops.
- Interactive Skills Workshop (via Zoom) for you to come together with other participants to learn and practice the skills discussed in the videos. You need to watch the associated videos prior to the workshop.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the Whole Series (https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- Class times are listed in US Pacific time zone. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites
- Zoom Links for the workshop will be sent via email the day before the start of the class.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.