C&L 4: Managing Bias & Awareness Gaps
10:00am-12:30pm (US Pacific)/6:00-8:30pm (London)
No one ever said consent would be easy… at least no one paying attention. Once we move beyond ethos and power, we run smack into issues of bias, assumptions, and awareness gaps. If that wasn’t enough, these issues intersect with one another in ways that both create and enhance the gaps we deal with. Luckily, there are ways to manage all this.
This workshop will look at the ins and outs of bias: those created by our culture, our families, and our personal history. We’ll explore the impact on our assumptions and our lives. We’ll work on where it all comes together to impact how we handle consent, both personally and as a leader. And, we’ll talk about ways to reduce the impact on ourselves and our organizations.
- Video class with Workbooks for you to watch and follow on your own to learn about and familiarize yourself with the required concepts. The videos are included in the ticket price. You will receive links for them by email.
- There will be an on-line quiz to confirm you did watch and absorb the information from the videos. This should be taken prior to the group workshops.
- Interactive Skills Workshop (via Zoom) for you to come together with other participants to learn and practice the skills discussed in the videos. You need to watch the associated videos prior to the workshop.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the Whole Series (https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- Class times are listed in US Pacific time zone. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Restrictions or Prerequisites
- Zoom Links for the workshop will be sent via email the day before the start of the class.
- Sliding Scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.