C&L 4: Managing Bias & Awareness Gaps
Saturday, 3/12, 10am-12:30pm (Pacific)/6:00-8:30pm (London)
No one ever said consent would be easy… at least no one paying attention. Once we move beyond ethos and power, we run smack into issues of bias, assumptions, and awareness gaps. If that wasn’t enough, these issues intersect with one another in ways that both create and enhance the gaps we deal with. Luckily, there are ways to manage all this.
This workshop will look at the ins and outs of bias: those created by our culture, our families, and our personal history. We’ll explore the impact on our assumptions and our lives. We’ll work on where it all comes together to impact how we handle consent, both personally and as a leader. And, we’ll talk about ways to reduce the impact on ourselves and our organizations.
- This workshop is part of the Consent & Leadership 6-Month Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- See the whole series ( https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/116714724/consent-and-leadership-series) for related workshops to increase and deepen your understanding.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Any class workbooks will be sent via email 2-3 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and relationship orientations are welcome and celebrated.
- No restrictions or prerequisites.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.
For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.