Consent Discussion Group for Women
Sun, May 1, 2022 from 11am - 1pm (Pacific)
Consent is challenging. Dealing with others and their lack of consensual behavior, even more so. Sometimes you need a place to talk about it. To support everyone’s efforts in moving the discussion forward, the Consent Academy hosts a discussion group for female-identified folk to talk about issues around consent; both sexual and every-day consent.
This is a space to share ideas, understanding, and concerns in a male focused space. The quarterly group is open to all female-identified folk who want to engage in an open and respectful discussion of this important and complex topic.
- This is an online discussion via Zoom. You must register in advance. Discussion time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- All races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- This discussion is limited to Women and folks who identify as Female. We ask that others outside these identities respect the space and attend a different discussion group.
- No Prerequisites
- Links will be sent via email 2-3 hours prior to the start of the class.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities.