Consent and Leadership 3: Bias and Awareness Gaps in Leadership
Wed, Jul 20 from 9:30am - 11:30am (Pacific)
Humans have many biases and awareness gaps (things they don't know they don't know). As leaders, our biases and awareness gaps come together to not only affect how we respond to issues around consent, but they can also impact who feels welcome in our spaces and organizations for years to come.
In this workshop, we will practice identifying different types of bias, from cognitive to cultural, and after taking an honest look at the impact they've had on our spaces, we'll discuss how you can use your power as a leader to counter bias and create culture change.
- This class is a part of the Consent and Leadership Series. You can check out the full series here: https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/125199269/consent-and-leadership-series
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sponsored tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.