Supporting Survivors of Sexual Trauma
Tue, Nov 29, 2022 from 10am - 12pm (Pacific)
How do you support someone who has recently experienced sexual trauma, or is still recovering from it? What should you say or not say? And how do you build consensual relationships with survivors?
Supporting Survivors of Sexual Trauma provides participants with the skills to recognize and tend to stress and trauma responses, language to use around sex, gender, trauma, and consent, as well as methods to support healing. If you want to increase your trauma-awareness through the lens of consent, this class is for you.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- This workshop will be recorded. The slides will be made available.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- There are also a small number of discounted tickets available. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: email@example.com
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.