Consent and Leadership 1: Embracing a Leadership Ethos
Wed, Jan 25, 2023 from 10am - 12pm (Pacific)
What kind of leader do you want to be?
When it comes to creating consent culture, what qualities does a leader need? In this workshop, you will start drafting an ethos statement to guide you as a leader. You will continually come back to this statement, especially when you need to make hard decisions or take a stand.
By uncovering your values around leadership and consent, we will build a solid foundation to support you in becoming a leader who others would want to follow.
Who is the Consent and Leadership Series for?
Anyone in formal and informal positions of leadership who finds their work expanding to include issues around consent, such as ethics, interpersonal conflict, and harm. If you host events, teach, organize, manage, or supervise people; if you are just the one people go to when a problem around consent comes up; if you care about creating consensual spaces and have some power to influence others — then this series is for you.
What else should I know?
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- This workshop will be recorded for later viewing. The slides will also be made available.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- There are also a small number of discounted tickets available. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.