Sat, Feb 3, 2024 from 1pm - 2:30pm
Do you frequently experience guilt, shame, and feelings of inferiority around your kinks, sexuality/sexual expression, gender identity, relationship dynamic/configuration, and/or race?
This interactive workshop, “Transcending Shame,” tackles the topic of personal shame through audience participation and group exercises where you get to delve into subjects like:
An incident (or incidents) in your life of which you're ashamed.
The difference between guilt and shame.
Ways you can recognize that you're being shamed; and
Aspects of mental health that we don't talk about…until NOW.
- Pay-what-you-can scholarships are available for all Pan Eros Foundation workshops. If you need financial assistance, please email Leah at email@example.com
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Doors will be locked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Water available. Please bring your own cup or bottle.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, bodies, body types, sexual orientations, relationship orientations, abilities welcome and celebrated.
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Educator:
Gloria Jackson-Nefertiti is an autistic published writer, as well as a former fundamentalist Christian, and a breast cancer survivor. In fact, it was the cancer diagnosis in 2013 that caused her to realize how short life is; this served as the catalyst that caused her to come out, LOUD AND PROUD, as sex-positive, bisexual, and polyamorous. Plus, it helped her to set boundaries and refuse to accept shabby treatment (especially shaming) from others. It also helped her to stop caring about what other people think of her. She is very much interested in helping others identify shame, recognize shaming behavior, and finally, to transcend shame. She lives in Seattle, WA.
This event is presented by the Pan Eros Foundation. Please go to Pan-Eros.org for more information.