Consent & Anti-Racism 101
Sun, Mar 14 from 11am - 1pm (Pacific)
What does it mean to be a white antiracist? What is the role of white people in the movement for racial justice and liberation? And what does consent got to do with it? Join the Consent Academy for a virtual workshop, where we will begin to answer these complex questions drawing largely on the scholarship, educational content, and knowledge of Black, Indigenous, and other people of color.
This class is geared towards white folx. BIPOC folx are welcome to participate.
2 Hours with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please forward those emails to everyone in your group.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+ (We will be discussing issues of a sexual nature.)
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 30 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy