Consent and Leadership 7: Beyond the Ban: Options for Accountability
Wed, Aug 31 from 9:30am - 11:30am (Pacific)
What happens after someone’s consent is violated? How do you support the person harmed? The person accused of harm? How do you even begin to work with something this emotional, complex, and charged?
For many leaders, the first response is to permanently ban the person accused of harm. But there are more options for accountability, each with pros and cons. This workshop provides an introduction to what different accountability processes can look like, centering harm reduction and transformation for all involved.
- This class is a part of the Consent and Leadership Series. You can check out the full series here: https://thestranger.boldtypetickets.com/events/125199269/consent-and-leadership-series
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sponsored tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: email@example.com
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.