Relationship Skills 101: How to Read Body Language
Tue, Jul 12 from 6pm - 7:30pm (Pacific)
Ever wished you could read body language?
Wouldn't it be useful if you could detect deception, read emotion, or interpret someone’s behavior without them saying a word?
Our bodies say a lot, even when our mouth is closed. Join us for a look at how the body talks and how to listen to the subtle cues we give off all the time. We’ll investigate ways to read people, notice power cues, non-verbal affirmation, non-verbal no’s, and talk about the risks and limitations of relying only on body language.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sliding scale tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Questions? Please contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.