Consent and Leadership 8: Personal Accountability for Leadership
Sat, Dec 10, 2022 from 10am - 12pm (Pacific)
Cancel culture, rumors, or simply letting people down can be terrifying in a culture of retaliation and punitive justice. This fear can create a kind of instinct to deflect, deny, or defend against any accusation of wrongdoing. But this never makes the problem disappear. Not taking accountability as a leader causes loss of trust, and can drive away valuable members of our communities and organizations.
Everyone has times when they need to take accountability, including those in leadership. As the face of an organization, sometimes you even have to take accountability for the actions of those you represent. Personal accountability for leadership comes with unique challenges, especially around making public statements, balancing confidentiality, transparency, and the reputation and stability of your organization. This workshop goes over best practices, helping leaders reduce their fears of owning mistakes, so they can act with integrity when it really matters.
- This class is a part of the Consent and Leadership Series. You can check out the full series here: https://www.strangertickets.com/events/125967418/consent-and-leadership-series
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Sponsored tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
If finances are still a barrier to you, please reach out and we can do a custom pay-what-you-can option. We want consent education to be as accessible as possible.
- Each workshop will be recorded for later viewing. The slides will also be made available.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective based out of Seattle, WA with volunteers all over the world. Our mission is to teach consent in all of its complexity, aspects, and potential. With over 60 years of education experience collectively, our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom. We believe consent is part of everyday life and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.