Losing Sight, Making Vision Clear - Blindfold Tying
Sat, Dec 5, 2020 at 10am
The senses are a powerful thing. In this class, students will explore how losing the sense of sight can deeply enhance learning, growth and partner connection in tying. Those tying will use blindfolded tying to help build muscle memory and other senses within their tying skills to help them be more fluid and consistent when they tie. Those being tied will learn to build trust and connect with their tying partner on a new level. These exercises will help both pairs of the tying team enhance skill sets that translate into more bonded and whimsical scenes.
- For those tying: Know how to tie a single and double column tie.
- For those being tied: Experience being tied in single and double column ties. Basic understanding of anatomy and safety. Ability to communicate about their bodies and how they are functioning in ties.
- You will need 6-8 ropes for this class preferably 25-30ft. I always suggest natural fibers such as jute or hemp, but nylon may be used for this class. A safety cutter of some type.
- This is an online class via Zoom. You must purchase your ticket in advance. Ticket sales end at 8:00am on the day of the workshop. Instructions for access will be emailed to you before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- No late entry will be allowed due to the intimate nature of this workshop. Access will be blocked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- Open to all 18+
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Scholarships available to those in need.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Educators:
Sage (she/they/he) fell in love with rope in mid-2013 and heavily identifies as a “Rope Daddy”. Sage's rope journey has been founded in deep connections with partners, working as a team with her partners, and encouraging mutual growth in rope. Sage has taught at events/cons across North America and has a passion for education. Their teaching philosophy is deeply rooted in partnership, inclusion, and student-centered learning. Sage is currently a steering committee member for NARIX, a moderator for the rope bottoming share group, founder and leader of Start Here a group that educates newcomers into the community that spans across 3 states.
Shakti Bliss Bunny (or B) is an educational facilitator, bodyworker, activist, and indigenous witch from Austin, Texas. As a rope bottom, she enjoys pushing herself mentally and physically while also balancing self care, self awareness and self study to further her journey and ride the fluidity of her philosophies of life. Through her education, activism and spiritual work she hopes to increase visibility and representation for people of color in kink as well as to add a fresh perspective to the ritual of rope, interpersonal connection and the handling of the physical and energetic bodies.
This event is presented by the Pan Eros Foundation. Please go to Pan-Eros.org for more information.