Consent and Leadership: Working Toward Transformative Accountability
Sat, May 15 from 10:30am - 1:30pm
What happens after someone’s consent is broken/violated? What do you do to support the person harmed? What do you do to support the person accused of harm? How do you even begin to work with something this emotional, complex, and charged? The answer is to engage a Transformative Accountability Process. This workshop provides an introduction to Transformative Accountability: what it is, how it works, and why it works. We’ll look at this revolutionary process, focused on support and compassion as it takes a full 360 degree view of a consent incident and what happens after. If you’re ever going to need to deal with consent as a leader, which is almost inevitable, take this class.
3 Hour Online Zoom Workshop with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the morning of the workshop
- “Consent & Leadership: Working with Transformative Accountability” is part of the Consent & Leadership Series: comprehensive topics leaders in the modern world need to know to both understand and manage consent.
- If taking the classes in order, this is class # 10
- To take this class, you need to have taken the “Consent & Leadership: Building a Framework” class, have taken a Consent for Leadership class (2020 or earlier), or get permission from the Consent Academy.
- Please let us know by email (email@example.com) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
Other Suggested Workshops from the Consent & Leadership (C&L) Series for Consent Incident Management:
- C&L: Working with Transformative Accountability
- C&L: Intersecting Challenges
- C&L: Working with Trauma
- C&L: Evaluating Consent Incidents
- C&L: Consent Incident Interviewing
- C&L: Creating Accountability
- C&L: In the Thick of It
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy