Flipping Out: 2-point dynamic suspension
Aug 6, 2022. Doors at 11:30am. Class is from 12:00-3:00pm.
Explore the acrobatics and freedom of movement that rope can offer! This playful & unorthodox rig lends itself well to silly and exhibitionistic scenes…or to nasty predicaments! Shay will discuss the general principles of this type of suspension and specific safety concerns. She will then show several variations on a 2-point dynamic suspension. The hands-on portion of the class focuses on attaching from just the hips (using a woven hip harness). This class is very self-suspension friendly.
- Tops: This is a fast-moving class that assumes an intermediate level of suspension knowledge – it is not appropriate for bondage beginners. Tops should know, at minimum, suspension-ready chest harness, attaching support lines, and basics of evaluating hard points and negotiation for bondage. While a woven hip harness will be reviewed in class, familiarity with this type of tie will be advantageous.
- Bottoms: Body and health awareness to participate safely at a level that’s appropriate for your body and experience with inversions. Mobile suspensions are not necessarily strenuous (they can be quite comfortable), but getting the most out of mobile suspensions requires body awareness.
- Self-suspenders: Same requirements as for tops AND bottoms.
Supplies: Your basic suspension kit. Ideally, you will want to hang two points, so bring an extra sling if you can. At least two locking carabiners and two rated ropes for support lines are recommended; the instructor will have some to loan out in class. People who will be in rope should ideally wear snug leggings.
Past attendees have said:
- “Thank you for your inspiring and beautiful instruction! Your puppet rig class was game-changing…you’ve also SERIOUSLY reignited my nascent self-tying jones!"
- "Your 2 point suspension class changed completely the way I do rope play and suspension. It has become so much more dynamic and fun. Thank you for the inspiration."
- "Best rope class I’ve taken. Amazing presenters with a really fun subject. We had an outstanding dungeon scene that night with what we learned from this class. Thank you."
- No late entry will be allowed due to the safety information given at the beginning this workshop. Doors will be locked at 10 minutes after the start time.
- This workshop takes place in a space that is only accessible by stairs. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Open to all 18+
- Attendance is limited to 7 tying pairs.
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, bodies, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated.
- Questions may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships available.
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the instructor:
Shay Tiziano (she/her or they/them) is a dynamic bondage performer and renowned self-suspender known for their unique, dynamic performances and friendly, attainable, and risk-awareness focused approach to kink education. She is the author of Tying & Flying, the first-ever book about self-suspension, and Creating Captivating Classes, a guide for kink and sexuality educators. Based in San Francisco, Shay has over a decade of experience presenting across the US and internationally. She has produced events and showcases including acclaimed bondage and fetish performance event Twisted Windows, BENT, the Bay Area’s biggest dungeon party, the Seattle Erotic Art Festival Bondage & Aerial stage, Self-Suspension Open Space, Rope Lab, Friction, and bondage and performances stages at the Folsom Street Fair and San Francisco Pride’s Leather Alley.