Consent and Leadership 5: Trauma-Informed Practices
Wed, Nov 15 from 10am - 12pm (Pacific)
What does a trauma response look like? What do you do when someone is having one?
How should you behave when someone tells you about something traumatic?
In this class, we'll cover the foundational skills for interacting with trauma, including how to recognize and tend to trauma responses, as well as tools to protect yourself from secondary trauma and prevent burnout.
Who is the Consent and Leadership Series for?
Anyone in formal and informal positions of leadership who finds their work expanding to include issues around consent, such as ethics, interpersonal conflict, and harm. If you host events, teach, organize, manage, or supervise people; if you are just the one people go to when a problem around consent comes up; if you care about creating consensual spaces and have some power to influence others — then this series is for you.
What else should I know?
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Each workshop will be recorded for later viewing. The slides will also be made available.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this time zone converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- There are also a small number of discounted tickets available. If you are experiencing financial hardship, please inquire.
- Please let us know by email if you have any questions, access needs, or things that would aid in your learning: email@example.com
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective founded in 2016 in Seattle, WA, currently with staff and volunteers all over the world. We believe consent is a part of everyday life, and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. Our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom.
The Consent Academy is a program of the Pan Eros Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization. All of our profits support our educational programming. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.