Consent, Neurodiversity, & Kink (18+)
Presented by Morrigan Hunter
Sun, May 12 from 11am - 1pm (Pacific)
A lot of neurodivergent people enjoy kink. Even if you are neurotypical, you probably know many neurodivergent people. This discussion-focused workshop is designed to help folks of all neurotypes better understand and communicate with their neurodivergent partners and play partners. The workshop will give an overview of what neurodiversity is and why the neurodiversity paradigm is important. It will also cover how the systemic oppression of neurodivergent people can create barriers to consent and will address strategies for promoting trauma-informed and accessible spaces.
- This is an online class via Zoom. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed the day before and 30 minutes before the workshop begins.
- Class time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the class will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Pay-What-You-Can tickets are open to anyone who needs them. Choose the ticket that is best for you.
- Questions? Contact the Consent Academy at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please let us know by email if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Presenter:
Morrigan Hunter MA, MSW is passionate about leading conversations on disability, sexuality, consent, and pleasure. Some of their recent work includes creating guidelines for providing trauma-informed care to Autistic adults and guidelines for providing trauma-informed care to survivors of abuse who experience disability. They are multiply neurodivergent and agender.
About the Consent Academy:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective founded in 2016 in Seattle, WA, currently with staff and volunteers all over the world. We believe consent is a part of everyday life, and its practice builds stronger, safer, and more connected communities. Our approach incorporates disciplines of psychology, sociology, public health, psychotherapy, and personal coaching to create a systemic view of how consent impacts everyone, from the bedroom to the boardroom.
The Consent Academy is a program of the Pan Eros Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization. All of our profits support our educational programming. For more information, visit us at www.consent.academy.