Consent & Neurodiversity
Sun, Jun 6 from 2pm - 4:30pm (Pacific)
Neurodivergent people are an integral part of our society and communities. This workshop provides an opportunity to discuss and share information about neurodiversity and consent and ways of creating more accessible, trauma-informed spaces. We will talk about the complexity around it and give tips for how to navigate that complexity. The focus of the workshop is for non-autistic/neurotypical community and organizers to help create accessible and trauma-informed spaces. Neurodivergent people are welcome to attend to give voice to their experience and knowledge, but the focus will be on what neurotypical people can do to help.
2 ½ Hours with Q&A throughout. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please forward those emails to everyone in your group.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all 18+ (We may discuss issues of a sexual nature.)
- All sexes, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required. “Consent Basics” or other consent class suggested.
- Class size is limited to 30 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: email@example.com
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy