Consent for Kids
Thu, Mar 25 from 12pm - 2:30pm (Pacific)
Kids need consent. They need to know when it’s okay to say no and how to ask for a yes. As the world continues to change and consent becomes even more prominent, adults need to know how to talk to kids about consent and consent practices. We also need to be able to explain and model consent in an age appropriate way. Join us for a workshop on why kids need consent, what talking to them about consent is like, and how to adjust your approach for different age groups. Together we can work to reduce the harm our kids experience, teach them how to avoid harming others, and build a larger and more robust consent culture.
2 Hours with a ½ hour Q&A at the end. Handouts and Zoom link will be emailed on the day of the class. If you purchased tickets for a group, please forward those emails to everyone in your group.
- This class is being offered twice, once during the week and once on the weekend to accommodate different schedules. The content will be the same both times, though the discussion and questions are likely to vary.
- This is an online discussion. You must register before the day of the session. Zoom link and instructions will be emailed an hour or so before the workshop begins.
- Start time is listed in Pacific Time. Use this Time Zone Converter to see what time the discussion will be for you: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- Open to all ages. (Under 18 with parental permission) There will be discussions of sex and sexual behavior.
- All sexes, genders, ethnicities, sexual orientations, relationship orientations welcome and celebrated
- No Prerequisites Required
- Class size is limited to 40 participants. Tickets are 1st Come/1st Served.
- Please let us know by email (email@example.com) if you have any access needs or things that would aid in your learning.
About the Educators:
The Consent Academy is an educational collective with dedicated educators, coaches, and activists who provide quality consent training and consultations. We promote Consent Culture through education, speaking out, and supporting organizations along their consent journey. Our classes are taught by a rotation of available educators using curriculum developed and shared by all of us. Where possible, we try to teach in pairs. If you have questions about a class or who is signed up to teach it, please email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presented by the Consent Academy: www.consent.academy